Royal Air Force Greatworth

962 Signals Unit

The Station's Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > Crests and Badges

M Hall
Site Owner

I'm looking for relative grests or badges to embelish this site and improve its historical content, I've surfed, trawled and searched the web, ziltched! Did we ever exsist? Was it a dream?

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

December 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stu Cook

There is no crest for Greatworth but there is one for RAF Stanbridge.  Be careful about using them bacause they are copywrite protected!!!  Forgotten the wording but you can't just use them willy nilly.

December 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M Hall
Site Owner

I've seen a tiny one for stanbridge, a bit small really. On the board at Greatworths entrance, there were two creasts, do you remember what they were Stu?

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

December 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stu Cook

No, I honestly don't remember them.  I can only imagine that one was the general Royal Air Force crest (Per Ardua Ad Astra) or the Roundel and the other was probably the Stanbridge crest.

December 3, 2009 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul Forge
Administrator

I can't remember having seen anything specific to Greatworth.

--

Paul

December 4, 2009 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M Hall
Site Owner

Stu's right, there isn't a Greatworth crest and it was probably a Stanbridge 2 SU with a standard RAF crest, but I don't think we ever looked at that board, yet we must have passed it hundreds of times!

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

December 4, 2009 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric Rogers

I have been reading the previous discussion about a "Unit Crest" or Badge, the only one that I saw was in the  Airman`s Mess at Greatworth, It was the Central Signals Area crest, Royal Air Force, the device is  "spokes" of chains radiating to all compass points from a central ring, the motto on the scroll is UNITER.

December 14, 2009 at 5:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Richard (Dick) Harcourt

Have just checked the RAF Heraldry Trust website and 2SU is not listed as having a crest. There is a large gap between 1SU and 7SU. 6SU RAF Gan didn't have a crest. I sponsored RAF Gan and 103MU Crests for the the Trust and will probably do some more next year.

If you didn't know it already, this is the link, and RAF Stanbridge is waiting for a sponsor!!!???? Any Takers??

http://www.griffon.clara.net/rafh/station.htm ;

--

December 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.