Royal Air Force Greatworth

962 Signals Unit

The Station's Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > Looking for Steve Christmas

Frank W2YK

Hi,

I'm looking to reconnect with Steve Christmas.  Hopefully the Steve listed here was the Steve who was also stationed at Troodos in Cyprus in the late 60s.  Amateur radio kept us in contact for many years.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Frank

April 10, 2015 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M Hall
Site Owner

Welcome to this site Frank, you could try a PM to steve ? The only listed Steve is a Steve Rayner.

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

April 10, 2015 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank W2YK

Hi,

I saw his name in the 'RAF Greatworth Veterans' page.  PM ??

Thanks, Frank

April 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M Hall
Site Owner

Hi Frank, the veterans page is a list made up from names suggested by members. There are no contact details for that list unfortunately, that he is mentioned in there shows that you are not alone in that memory and posting in the forum as you have is possibly the best way to go. As for the membership, I do have access to their email addresses, where they've kept them up to date? I suspect, that because of our `age group', some may also be `unreachable'? It is a sad fact of life we have to live with. If you find someone in here that you might have known, check out their profile page and under their avatar is a contact tab clicking on that opens a personal message (PM) window. Fill that out and it is sent to their recorded email address.Adding an entry onto your own profile might help too, members do check out new members.

This I'm afraid, is the best I can offer. But of course I wish you luck too.

regards

Tom

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

April 12, 2015 at 5:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank W2YK

Tom,

Thanks for all your help.  I'm still in touch with someone who was stationed with Steve at Troodos, and he hasn't been able to get hold of him either!  As you say, time catches up with all of us eventually...

I'll keep poking around, and glad you have this resourse here.

Best wishes,

Frank

April 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stu Cook

Hi Frank,  I'm the one who put forward Steves name for the Veterans page.  His name was one of several i remembered from Greatworth.  Were you at Greatworth?  I remember Steve had a Nash Metropolitan car.  If you are in W2 land you are not far from me in New Jersey.

Regards, STU - W2/G3YBR

April 13, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank W2YK

Stu,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm in Hopewell Junction, NY, about one hour north of NYC.  I've taken the liberty of sending you more with a PM.

Thanks, Frank

April 13, 2015 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob McTait

Hi Frank, Steve Crismas was a fellow boarder in a room for 4 at RAF Greatworth around 1965 before i went to Bahrain. He indeed had a Nash "Metropolitan" car. On the way home from a night out at USAF (RAF) Croughton. Near GTW camp, he ran up a slight bank on the side of the road and bent the bottom of his car. It didn't help with 5 of us in it!! Some-one who might know his where-abouts is Roley Brade G3VIR another room mate at the time. Regards & good hunting, Rob G2BKZ/9H3KZ

--

Rob McTait

July 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank W2YK

Rob,

Sounds like some of the stories he told me from Troodos!  I appreciate the info and will see if I can dig up anything further.   Frank, W2YK 

August 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Towers

Hi All

There is only one Steve Christmas and as far as i know he still lives in Eastbourne where we have had many chats over the past years while I have been on holiday there

Sorry if this of no help but its a place to start , also anyone know what happend to Pete Jennings 

Regards    Dave Towers  and a Merry Xmas xx

November 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M Hall
Site Owner

S Christmas    52, Shakespeare Walk, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 7QE

01323 760 614

This is from 192.com Frank. Any help?

There are quite a few Christmas's around Eastbourne, but only one Steven, with a Susan and Emma in the same entry. One phone call would settle it?

--

Martin. (aka Tom)

November 12, 2015 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.